- Presentation of information
- Searching for consultancies
- Search results and A-Z listing
The information presented in each entry is based on a questionnaire devised by ENDS. There are various types of entries in the Directory, each displaying progressively more and more information about the company.
- Basic (free) entry
- Contact details, turnover, staff, web site and work areas
- Profile I
- Full details including experience matrix, accreditation, staff, membership, 60 word description, in-house facilities, overseas experience etc
- Profile II
- As with Profile I, but with a half-page entry in the annual paper directory
- Profile III
- As above, but also work area descriptions, recent clients and job undertaken, and partnerships. Full-page entry in paper directory
Directory entrants pay a fee for profiles I, II and III. All entrants are included in the basic search, although they are ordered depending on the type of profile taken.
Every type of company is represented in the Directory, from large, multidisciplinary and long-established businesses to small, new specialists. This has been done to reflect your needs as a wide and varied user group.
ENDS has attempted to ensure that the information presented by all the companies listed is a factual and accurate representation of their environmental skills and experience. Apparent discrepancies in returned questionnaires, as well as claims not borne out by our knowledge, were checked by telephone or letter. Many entrants were asked to re-submit information for one or more sections. Nevertheless, it is important for the reader to bear in mind that the information presented remains essentially self-generated by the entrants. Beyond making corrections of the kind noted above, ENDS has only edited entries to achieve a homogeneous and concise style, or in some cases where space considerations required.
The data for each entrant is displayed on a number of web pages. Some pages and some data may not be available because of the type of entry taken out, or because the entrant has not completed that part of the questionnaire. For those taking a basic entry, these pages are not available..
- Summary page
- This displays basic information about the entrant including contact details, turnover, staff numbers and which consultancy areas and client sectors they have worked in. Two charts - one for work areas, the other for client sectors - attempt to ittustrate the profile of the entrant's experience. The left-hand margin shows the entrant's UK and international branches - these open up in a pop-up window to give the full contact details.
- The information is delivered in a matrix format allowing a graphical view of the entrant's breadth and extent of experience across 14 work areas and client sectors. For consultancies taking a Profile III entry, a description of each work area is also included.
- This page lists a collection of other details about the entrant including: membership, accreditation, in-house facilities, overseas experience, contracts and turnover. For those consultancies taking a Profile III entry, it also lists any partnerships.
- Only available for those consultancies taking a Profile III entry, this page shows up to 10 recent clients and the jobs undertaken for each.
- Full Entry
- This lists all the details available about the entrant and is designed so that it can be printed out for off-screen reference.
The home page includes a medium-level search filter to help you chose the right environmental consultancy.
- Type in a town name to find all consultancies with branches in a particular town
- Choose a UK region to find all consultancies with branches in a wider area
- Choose an overseas country to find all consultancies with branches in that country
The search can be fine-tuned by either filtering on size of company and/or the consultancy areas it has experience in, and/or the client sectors in which it has worked. If you do not make a selection for turnover, work area or client sector it will assume that you wish to search on all selections within that group
- Graphical symbols represent various sizes of companies as such:
£ <£1 million ££ £1 million - £5 million £££ £5 million - £20 million ££££ £20 million - £40 million £££££ >£40 million
- Type of work
- Choose a work area to filter the search. Select more than one to include consultancies that work in any of the work areas.
- Client experience
- Choose a client sector to filter the search. Select more than one to include consultancies that work in any of the work areas.
If you select both type of work and client experience, then the search results will pull up a list of consultancies that work in that particular work area and conduct work for those particular clients (but not necessarily in that work area)
Search results and A-Z listing
The results displayed are ordered by the type of entry the entrant has in the ENDS Directory, starting with "Profile III", and working down to basic entries. Each summary profile shows the work areas in which the entrant is active and in which UK regions it has branches. The region where the head office is situated is coloured green.
The summary profile also displays the number of staff and turnover where we have this information, together with the head office address and contact details.
Please note that the A-Z listing displays the entrants in alphabetical order within the type of entry the company has selected. You may need to flick through the pages to find the environmental consultancy you are after.
Other environmental goods & service suppliers
The ENDS Directory now includes a Suppliers section making this an even more comprehensive and effective guide to the UK environmental industry. The Suppliers section includes companies offering environmental goods and support services, including legal, insurance, contracting, engineering, laboratory and equipment.
An entry within the Suppliers section includes a full colour logo along with an 80-word company description. If you would like to advertise within this section, please contact Sanil Pillai on 020 8267 4942 or email email@example.com.